Gumbo & Okra Charlotte Sales Consultant
Job Title: Part-time Sales Consultant
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Alicia Roskind
Prepared Date: 1.3.16
Closed Date: 2.1.16
Gumbo: Made Well, Mean Well
Gumbo is a healthy mix of yoga and athletic apparel for men and women, yoga accessories (mats, blocks, straps, etc), footwear and natural running accessories, cosmetics, nutrition and natural energy products foam rollers and physical therapy accessories, pre-packaged foods, and gifts.
Gumbo was born, first and foremost, from the need to celebrate. We seek out those that serve as stewards to this cause: our selection of goods are individually chosen to help to support the healthy living and vibrant creation of all people. We build relationships with our products and people behind them to ensure that they deeply care about their craft, their impact, and their customer. As we move into a new age of awareness, we think that products that are made well, mean well, and hope to represent a new generation of makers and healers, who heed the call of creating with conscience. We invite you to share life with us and join the celebration of co-creation!
Okra’s vision is to create a gathering space for others to heal through finding and pursuing their own passion and joy in the world.
Our business is built around heart and intention, making each person on our staff a truly honored and important piece to our operation. We take pride in healing others and creating a place of calm that feels like home. Your first and most important responsibility is to show up as an authentic contributor to make others feel at home and cared for from the second they enter to the moment they leave.
SUMMARY – The Gumbo & Okra Charlotte Sales Consultant has the responsibility of creating an intentional atmosphere of calm and fun for our customers and community. This position will have the opportunity to work at both locations interchangeably. The SC oversees the retail and service experience and enjoys selling well-made products and healing services. The SC position sets the tone for the “feel” at Gumbo and Okra from the inside, out; meaning they are responsible for maintaining the inside of the building, lines of business, business systems and all operations all the way to making the final contact with a client. Weekends are required.
- Self Disciplined
ESSENTIAL DUTIES @ Gumbo: The Store – include but are not limited to the following:
- Welcome and engage customers
- Sell all of Gumbo’s and Okra’s product mix
- Develop a working knowledge of products and services sold at Gumbo and Okra
- Restock merchandise, as needed
- Receive delivered items and enter them into restocking database
- Proactively engage customers in order to understand their style and taste
- Monitor and clean internal and external facilities (retail area, interior, exterior, bathroom)
- Dry and wet mop floors
- Promote services, events and products offered at both Gumbo and Okra
- Answer the phone
- Check customers out
- Count money and complete cash drop
ESSENTIAL DUTIES @ Okra – include but are not limited to the following:
- Greet customers with a big smile and warm invitation to join us at Okra
- Check clients into classes
- Check-in massage and therapy clients
- Check-out massage and therapy clients
- Sell massages, yoga, and lounge products
- Answer the phone
- Book massages
- Monitor and clean facilities (bathrooms, retail area, tea & coffee lounge, exterior)
- Dry & Wet mop floors
- Present customers with the menu and help guide them to choose a perfect tea or coffee option
- Promote yoga and massage services
- Serve tea & coffee
- Check customers out using Square Up
- Open / close studio and tea & coffee lounge
- Prepare outside patio for service
- Clean dishes and put them away
- Monitor compost (front and back of bar)
- Answer the phone
- Count money and complete cash drop for both T&C and Yoga & Massage
- Attend once per month Front of House meetings
- Water the plants (front and back of building)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE –
- At least 6-months of experience in sales, retail and / or customer service industry
- Extremely strong customer service skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Comfortable using electronic Point of Sales systems
- Basic knowledge of yoga, nutrition, and healthy lifestyle products or strong interest in learning about these products
LANGUAGE SKILL – SSC must have the ability to clearly communicate in English and convey and embody our mission statement to customers.
Have a working knowledge of mathematical basics, as well as fractions and percentages.
Requires the ability to make reasonable/common sense decisions, and utilize deductive reasoning. Feels comfortable working independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand 20%; walk 10%; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit 70%. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a professional office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Use of phones and computers will be primary work environment for Gumbo Celebrated Products Lover.
COMPENSATION & EVALUATION
$9 per hour. 15 – 20 hours per week available for the holiday season. Although this is a part-time position, there is potential for this to become a full-time position for the right candidate. Evaluations every 90 days.
Included with pay are perks to holding a position at Okra. These include and are not limited to:
– All regularly scheduled yoga and meditation classes are free
– 50% off table massage
– 30% off all other sessions and offerings
– 20% off tea & coffee lounge purchases and workshops & events
– 30% off retail at Gumbo
Emailed resumes ONLY will be considered. Accepting applications until Monday, January 11th. Please email resume with at least 3 references to email@example.com. Please DO NOT call, text or come in to inquire. Thank you.